The Steilacoom Historical Museum Association serves the public by preserving local culture, thereby enabling present and future generations to learn about and maintain the heritage of the Town of Steilacoom.
● Educate the public about the Town’s historical significance and advocate the preservation of symbols of that significance,
● Operate a cluster of museums and collect, preserve and interpret materials that exemplify the history of Steilacoom, and thereby preserve the memories of longtime residents,
● Restore and maintain the Association’s historical structures,
● Present public and private events that celebrate Steilacoom’s characteristics and
promote a sense of community,
● Follow sound and accountable financial practices,
● Carry out all objectives and activities in accordance with the Code of Ethics for Museums of the American Alliance of Museums (Attachment A).
History of the Steilacoom Historical Museum Association
Steilacoom Historical Museum Association
1801 Rainier St. Steilacoom, WA 98388